Addiction Medicine ECHO
Project ECHO and the ANTHC Behavioral Health partnered to develop a virtual learning network focused on improving delivery of addiction medicine and medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
What is it about?
This partnership aims to:
- Enhance best practices relevant to rural Alaska needs
- Troubleshoot and overcome barriers
- Offer support and resources to empower providers
- Inform providers on the latest policies and practices
Who should attend?
Health care providers who want to learn more about addiction medicine, providers interested in starting a MAT program, and current practitioners of addiction medicine looking to support a community of practice. CEs will be available for session attendance.
The program launches Jan. 28 and will run every second and 4th Thursday of each month via Zoom throughout 2021.
Addiction Medicine ECHO 2021 Session Schedule:
|Meeting Date||Addiction Medicine Topic|
|13 May||Prescribing: Dose Finding, Compassionate Tapering and More|
|27 May||When a Higher Level of Care is Needed|
|10 June||Treating Polysubstance Use|
|24 June||MAT for Tobacco Use Disorder|
|8 July||Epidemiology and Neurobiology of AUD in Alaska|
|22 July||MAT for Alcohol Use Disorder|
|12 August||Stimulants and Opioids|
|26 August||Benzodiazepines and Opioids|
|9 September||Common Co-Occurring Psychiatric Conditions|
|23 September||Implementing Trauma-Informed Care Into Your Practice|
|14 October||Treating ADHD and OUD at the same time|
|28 October||Integrated Care: Role of Case Management, Peer Support and Behavioral Health|
|11 November||Psychiatric Medication and MAT|
|25 November||Common Co-Occurring Conditions|
|9 December||Chronic Pain and Non Opioid Pain Management|
|23 December||Hepatitis, HIV and substance use|
|13 January||Pregnancy and MAT|
|27 January||Treatment Approaches and High Success Rate Programs|
Past session recordings:
- January 28, 2021 Addiction Medicine ECHO, didactic recording (January 28, 2021)
- Stigma and MAT, didactic recording (February 11, 2021)
- Stigma and MAT, PDF
- Alaska Native Culture Healing Through Indigenous Practices, didactic recording (February 25, 2021)
- Harm Reduction, didactic recording (March 11, 2021)
- Harm Reduction, PDF
- MAT For Opioid Use Disorder (OUD), didactic recording (March 25, 2021)
- Special Considerations for Buprenorphine, didactic recording (April 8, 2021)
- Alternatives and Adjuncts to MAT, didactic recording (April 22, 2021)