Alaska Pacific University scholarship program for Alaska Tribal Health System employees
Alaska Pacific University is offering tuition scholarships of up to 50% for all employees of the Alaska Tribal Health System as well as dependents of those employees for 2017-2018 enrollment.
Scholarship program application deadline for the fall 2017 semester is September 1.
APU will offer the following discounts to Alaska Tribal Health System employees and their dependents for qualifying students:
- 50% discount on tuition costs for new undergraduate and graduate employees seeking degrees in Counseling Psychology (Bachelors Masters and Doctorate); Creative and Professional Writing (BA); Marine and Environmental Sciences (BS); Outdoor Studies (BA); Sustainability Studies (BA); Health Services Administration Concentration (MBA); and Outdoor and Environmental Education (MS)
- 25% discount on tuition costs for new enrollments of employees in professional studies, including Liberal Studies (BA); Master of Arts Program (MA); Alaska Native Governance (BA); Business Administration (AA); Business Administration and Management (BA); Master of Business Administration (MBA); Strategic Leadership (MBA); Information and Communication Technology (MBA); Graduate Studies in Innovation, Creativity, and Entrepreneurship (certificate); Graduate Studies in Investments (certificate); and Accelerated Business Administration and Management/Master of Business Administration (BA, MBA)
- 5 full scholarships in the Early Honors program for dependents of employees
ANTHC Board of Directors $5,000 Scholarship Application Now Closed
Please check back in early 2018 for next years application.
Indian Health Service (IHS) Educational Opportunities:
The Education, Development and Training (EDT) department facilitates the Indian Health Service (IHS) Scholarship and Externship programs for the Alaska Area. The scholarship provides selected recipients who are Alaska Native or American Indian with paid tuition, related fees, a small amount for travel and books, and a monthly stipend for living expenses. As the Alaska Area p Coordination office, we provide support and direction to applicants, continuing scholars, and liaison with the IHS Scholarship branch staff. The selection process and disbursement of scholarship funds is directly managed by the IHS Scholarships branch in Rockville, MD.
The IHS Scholarship program is a very competitive national scholarship program. It funds three (3) health career and allied health career scholarship programs:
- Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(1)
- Health Professions Pregraduate Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(2)
- Health Professions Scholarship Program – Section 104
- IHS Scholarship Application and Required Forms
- Must be Alaska Native/American Indian and provide documentation of tribal enrollment or proof of descent from a federally recognized tribe
- Current Letter of Acceptance from selected educational institution listing declared degree or proof of application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended or high school transcripts if less than 12 college credits have been earned
The IHS Scholarship program application cycle is currently CLOSED. The application cycle is typically open between December – March. Please visit the IHS Scholarship website for next upcoming application dates.