How we’re keeping patients and staff safe when on campus during COVID-19January 1, 2021
At the Alaska Native Medical Center, we’ve been busy continuing to care for our people during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve also made some changes since your last visit.
All staff are wearing face coverings while working.
Waiting areas have seats spaced at least 6 feet apart and other public seating areas are limited.
Stickers on the floor where lines might form remind visitors to keep their space.
High touch surfaces are frequently disinfected, such as door handles, chairs and check-in desk materials, and are replaced when possible.
Seating in the cafeteria is closed, but food options are available.
The next time you visit our campus, be aware:
- All patients are screened at the door and asked to wear face coverings. Please bring yours with you.
- Staff are wearing face coverings at all times.
- Clinic waiting room spaces are rearranged to ensure proper physical distancing.
- The rotunda remains closed and other public seating areas are limited.
- Seating in the cafeteria and other dining locations are closed to the public, but food options are available on campus for patients traveling to ANMC for care.
- High-touch surfaces are frequently disinfected beyond regular cleaning processes and replaced when possible.
- No visitors are permitted, other than critical exceptions.
Other patient and staff precautions
- Telehealth visits are offered whenever possible.
- Out of an abundance of caution, staff are now able to be tested for COVID-19 every 7 days, even if they don’t have symptoms.
- ANTHC staff have additional paid sick leave if they test positive for COVID-19 and are not permitted to come to work.
- Patients admitted to the hospital will be tested for COVID-19, even if they don’t have symptoms.
- Patients with symptoms can receive a referral for COVID-19 testing by calling the Walk-in Clinic at (907) 729-1500.
- Housing and transportation options have been limited.
So while you might not see as many smiling faces, ANTHC staff behind the masks and behind the scenes continue to put patient safety first to achieve our vision that Alaska Native people are the healthiest people in the world.
If you have questions about COVID-19 plans at ANMC, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about COVID-19 from ANTHC, visit anthc.org/COVID19.