ANTHC hosts prevention activities during September’s Suicide Prevention Awareness MonthSeptember 4, 2020
September is recognized as Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and this year COVID-19 has put undue strain and anxiety on our people, families and communities across Alaska. During the month, the ANTHC Injury Prevention Program wants to provide resources and actions that show the resiliency and strength of our people and Alaskans across the state.
Bounce Back Photo Contest – submit your photos here
About the contest:
- Open to all Alaskans.
- Three age groups: under 19; 20-39; 40 and older.
- One winner from each group, $100 gift card for each winner.
- Voting period will be open Oct. 1-8.
Suicide Prevention Awareness Month – Tell Your Heart Story weekly activities here.
About these resources:
- ANTHC recognizes that suicide can be challenging to talk about, so we welcome you to support our journey by starting a conversation.
- Please join us throughout the month of September to honor Suicide Prevention Awareness Month with weekly activities (5) aimed to normalize conversations about suicide.
- Each week, there will be a random drawing among survey completions for a $50 gift card; a grand prize drawing will be randomly drawn at the end of the five weeks.
- Disclaimer: For participant safety, we ask that all participants be 15 years of age or older.
If you are having suicidal thoughts or in need of support, please contact the Careline at 1-877-266-4357 (HELP) for support and assistance from a trained counselor. If you or a loved one are in immediate danger, call 911 or your local Village Safety Police Officer. For more mental health resources near you, download the Careline app https://carelinealaska.com/get-the-app-2/.