AmeriCorps VISTA members boost ANTHC efforts in rural communitiesOctober 21, 2019
After a successful first year as a direct host site for AmeriCorps VISTA members, ANTHC is again hosting VISTAs who will support our vision that Alaska Native people are the healthiest people in the world.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) members devote a year of their time to tackling pressing issues in rural communities impacted by poverty. This year, ANTHC hosts seven members who will work on projects spanning the state. They will work with a variety of programs ranging from multiple substance abuse prevention efforts to building capacity for health care to climate and contamination threatened communities.
This year’s VISTA members and the programs they will be working on include:
- Jasmin Munoz – Contamination Support VISTA – ANTHC Brownfields/Tribal Response Program
- Casey Brayton – Environmentally Threated Communities Program VISTA – ANTHC Grants department
- Isabelle Cisco – Chronic Liver Disease Management VISTA – ANTHC Clinical and Research Services
- Rachel Gold – Career Youth Outreach VISTA – ANTHC Environmental Health and Engineering
- Taylor Holsinger – Opioid and Substance Abuse Prevention VISTA – ANTHC Substance Abuse Prevention Program
- Sarah Ingram – Tribal Capacity and Training VISTA – ANTHC Tribal Capacity and Training Program
- Nancy McWilliams – Tobacco Use Prevention and Healthy Alaskans 2030 Improvements – ANTHC Tobacco Prevention and Control Program
For more information on AmeriCorps VISTA members, visit https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps.