Alert: COVID-19 drive-thru test site moves Monday, Nov. 2; new process for self-swab test collectionOctober 30, 2020
Effective Nov. 2: The COVID-19 drive-thru test site at ANMC is located at 4141 Ambassador Drive for the winter season. Signs on the Alaska Native Health Campus direct patients to the new location.
The drive-thru site now allows for patients to stay comfortably in their vehicles and collect their own test sample using a nasal self-swab. This means you can keep your windows rolled up from the winter weather!
*NEW* Self-swab process at COVID-19 drive-thru test site
1. Remember to bring your ID. Please wear a mask or face covering when at the test site.
2. Drive to 4141 Ambassador Drive. Follow directional signs and prompts once in the lane for COVID-19 testing.
3. At registration, notify staff if you have any symptoms related to COVID-19.
4. Once registered, continue to the drive-thru lanes to the Self-Swab Collection Station to pick up a pre-packaged kit.
5. The pre-packaged kit contains a regular nasal swab and packaging to return your test sample.
6. Follow directions from staff and the document contained in your kit.
7. Return packaged self-swab to staff who will have information about COVID-19 and expected turnaround time for test results.
8. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or develop them after your test, self-isolate until your results are confirmed.
9 Look for results online at MyHealth or an ANMC staff member will contact you.
Walk-up COVID-19 testing
For patients without vehicles, pediatric patients, patients with special needs, or do not want to self-swab, a COVID-19 walk-up testing location is open at 4000 Ambassador Drive, inside the Consortium Office Building. This testing site is indoors, but patients may have to wait outside. Face coverings and physical distancing is required.
About COVID-19 testing at ANMC
All Alaska Native and American Indian people eligible to receive care at the Alaska Native Medical Center and any members of their household can receive a COVID-19 test at the Alaska Native Health Campus in Anchorage every seven days.
The testing site is open Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Hours for all observed ANTHC holidays are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.