2019 – 2020 ANTHC scholarship award recipientsSeptember 23, 2019
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 – 2020 ANTHC $5,000 Scholarship. This scholarship was established by the ANTHC Board of Directors to support Alaska Native and American Indian students pursuing higher education in health care related fields. Students may use the scholarship for room/board, tuition, books, or fees during the fall 2019 and spring 2020 terms.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients:
- Kevin Hansen, Native Village of Kotzebue, is pursuing a Doctor of Physical Therapy from the University of North Dakota.
- Edna Standifer, Native Village of Tyonek, is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Kier Johnson, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes of the Flathead Reservation, is pursuing a Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering and Doctor of Medicine from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- Carter Johnson, is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, from Arizona State University.
- Brittany Gardner, Qagan Tayagungin Tribe of Sand Point Village, is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences from the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Tierra Schroeder, Curyung Tribal Council, is pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical-Community Psychology with a Rural, Indigenous Emphasis from the University of Alaska Anchorage.
- Moses Wiseman, Village of Chefornak, is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University.
- Kathleen Hagan, Sitka Tribe of Alaska, is pursuing a Master of Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Utah School of Medicine.
- Elizabeth Arteaga, is pursuing a Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing Practice from Chatham University.
- Stephanie Weter, Huslia Village, is pursuing a Doctor of Medicine from the University of Washington School of Medicine.
The application period will open in early 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year. Application will be available at https://anthc.org/scholarship-opportunities/.