Healthy Homes Month social contest
June is National Healthy Homes month! The Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) designated June to spotlight the importance of having and maintaining a healthy home. This year’s theme is Growing up Safe and Healthy: 5 Minutes to a Healthy Home.
ANTHC’s Healthy Homes program aims to encourage healthy home practices all the time, but in recognition of Healthy Homes Month, we’re hosting a contest on social media. Over the course of this month, we will be posting seven Healthy Homes Month challenges on Facebook and Instagram. No challenge should take longer than five minutes and will make your home a healthier place for you and your family!
Followers will have two chances to win:
- Comment on the post and tell us what you’re doing to make your home healthier to be entered to win a prize connected to the challenge;
- Or add a photo of you making your home healthier to the comment and be entered to win the grand prize: a healthy homes toolkit valued at over $200.
Contest Rules and Prizes
- All comments and pictures must be submitted by the end of Healthy Homes month, Sunday, June 30 at 8 p.m.
- Comments will be entered to the prize connected to the challenge; submitted photos will be entered to win the grand prize at the end of the month
- No inappropriate photos
- Winners will be notified via Facebook or Instagram message by July 15 at which time we’ll get an address and send the prize
- Winners will be selected at random
Gift cards: $25 and $50 gift cards. Use the money on these cards to purchase a do-it-yourself HEPA air purifier.
Bed bug prevention kit: This kit is comprised of bed bug prevention materials including a mattress encasement, pillow encasement, bed bug traps, and a do-it-yourself bed bug control guide. Valued at $75.
Hygrometer and microfiber cloth: Keep track of the moisture in your home! The hygrometer is a device that will display the percent relative humidity in your home at any given time. If the relative humidity is above 50%, there is too much moisture. Dry any moist spots with your microfiber cloth, also in this kit.
Do-it-yourself HEPA purifier: In the store, high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) air purifiers cost anywhere from $100 to $800. This do-it-yourself HEPA purifier kit costs only around $35, is really easy to put together, and most importantly, it is effective. The kit includes a box fan and HEPA filter.
Green Cleaning Kit: Strong, mainstream cleaners can be tough on our health. Use this green cleaning kit to find alternatives to mainstream cleaners that work for you and are better for your health! Comprised of cleaning vinegar, Bon Ami cleaning solution, a spray bottle, microfiber cloth, sponge, gloves, scrub brush, squeegee, and an N95 mask. Valued at $100
CO detector: Keep your home safe. Always have a functioning CO detector on hand!
Hygrometer and moisture meter: Keep track of the moisture in your home! The hygrometer is a device that will display the percent relative humidity in your home at any given time. If the relative humidity is above 50%, there is too much moisture. The moisture meter will help you track how much moisture is in the wood you burn (should be less than 20%), or even keep track of how much moisture is in your walls.