Important health tips for COVID-19
Tips to stay healthy
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating; after going to the bathroom; and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Check on Elders for their health needs and encourage anyone 60 and older to stay home.
- People with underlying health conditions or immunocompromised should also stay home.
- Continue healthy practices such as eating healthy foods, drinking water and managing stress.
- Stay aware of travel guidelines.
Healthy at home: Resource library from ANTHC
COVID-19 health tips for you and your family
- What to do after you get tested handout [PDF]
- COVID-19 Information for you and your family handout [PDF]
- How to protect yourself and others from getting sick [PDF]
- 5 steps to clean hands poster [PDF]
- Hand washing activity book for kids [PDF]
- Keep a distance to show you care [blog article]
- Prevent COVID-19 spread at home: Tips for people with symptoms or caring for those that are sick [PDF]
- Safe use of cloth masks [PDF]
Health tips for your home
- Stop the spread of illness at home – Disinfecting with Bleach [PDF]
- A Healthier Home in 5 Steps [PDF]
- Healthy Homes Cleaning During COVID-19 [PDF]
- Tips for healthy indoor air while hunkering down at home [blog article]
Tips for maintaining your health
- Managing Stress and Anxiety During COVID [PDF]
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) for Community [PDF]
- How people in addiction recovery can manage during the isolation of COVID-19 [blog article]
- Quit tobacco now to protect your lungs against respiratory illness [blog article]
Contacts for more COVID-19 information
- General questions from the public: The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services has made 2-1-1 a resource for questions from the public regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 – COVID-19. If you are trying to reach any of our clinics to ask general questions about the Coronavirus, please call 2-1-1 for up-to-date information. If 2-1-1 does not work in your area, please call 1-800-478-2221.