Building Better HealthConstruction project updates at ANTHC
Construction project updates at ANTHC
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium is continuously improving to better meet the health needs of our people. Check back to this page for new updates on construction projects happening around the Alaska Native Medical Center and Alaska Native Health Campus.
While every effort will be made to minimize disruption to patients, visitors and staff, please allow extra time to get to your location on campus. You may see intermittent road closures and sidewalk closures around campus, look for detour and informational signs.
Current construction alerts
|July – September 2019||Alaska Native Health Campus road paving||The Municipality of Anchorage is repairing and repaving all the roads that run through the Alaska Native Health Campus. Roads will be closed in phases and detours will be necessary, but campus access will always be available. Be aware of construction crews.|
Construction project details
Alaska Native Health Campus road paving
Last update: September 13, 2019
The Municipality is repaving the Alaska Native Health Campus and the final phase of work starts Monday, Sept. 16.
With Phase 5, which closes the Tudor Centre drive eastbound loop entrance, there will be no exiting Diplomacy Drive or Tudor Centre Drive via the east campus exit. All traffic will need to enter and exit via westbound Tudor Centre Loop or Ambassador Drive. Please see attached map for details.
During this phase, we request the following:
- Please continue to keep parking open for patients closest to patient care buildings.
- Please allow yourself extra time to get to your destination during this project. The campus has not been repaved in more than 20 years and this project will improve the sidewalks and road access for campus.
Shuttle and building access updates for Phase 5 include:
- Patient Housing shuttle pickup and drop-off has returned to its original location in front of housing.
- To access the hospital parking lot and Emergency Department: please enter campus via Ambassador or westbound Tudor Centre Drive loop entrance.
- To enter the SCF Gottlieb Building parking lot and building: please enter campus via Ambassador Drive or westbound Tudor Centre Drive loop entrance.
- To access the Anchorage Native Primary Care Center: please enter campus via Ambassador Drive or westbound Tudor Centre Drive loop entrance.
- The ANTHC Healthy Communities Building has normal access on Elmore.
- Fireweed and Mount Marathon Buildings: please use the Tudor Centre westbound or Ambassador Drive entrance and take the Tudor Centre loop to reach their entrance outside of the phase 5 closure.
- Tudor Centre Drive bus stop relocation: People Mover routes 25, 55 and 20 have been rerouted to stops on Tudor and Tudor Centre Drive. Please see attached map for weekend detours and this map for phase 5 locations.
- Emergency vehicle access: All first responders will continue to be able to access campus whichever way is safest and most efficient.
- Traffic flow change from Ambassador Drive to Elmore Road: Drivers are no longer be able to turn left onto Elmore Road from Ambassador Drive. Drivers will need to make a right, go to the roundabout and exit back to go south down Elmore.
Please follow all appropriate detour signs for driving and sidewalks. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as these necessary improvements are made to the roads and sidewalks around campus.