The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium awards ten (10) competitive $5,000 scholarships to qualified Alaska Native and American Indian students statewide to increase Alaska Native and American Indian people working in health care fields. The 2020-2021 application period opens March 1 and will close April 15, 2020 at 5 p.m.
ANTHC will accept applications until 5 p.m. AKST, April 15, 2020 for the 2020-21 academic year. This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, fees, room and board for higher education degrees in the pursuit of an Associates, Bachelor’s, Graduate or Ph.D.
This scholarship award is open to all Alaska Native or American Indian people who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Permanent Alaska resident
- Interested in working in a health care-related field
- Enrolled full-time in higher education
- Higher education includes the pursuit of Associates, Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D.
- For your convenience, here is a Checklist [PDF]
Gather all documents and prepare to complete the application. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Listed below are the eight documents that are required for a complete application:
- Alaska Native/Native American proof of eligibility
- Proof of Alaska residency
- Personal Statement
- Current Professional Resume
- Letter of Acceptance or Proof of Enrollment
- If newly enrolled, the deadline to turn in your Letter of Acceptance is 5/4/2020.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript
The deadline to complete the online application and electronically submit documents is 5:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time (AKST), April 15, 2020. 
Snail Mail: All items must be postmarked by April 15, 2020.
- Application Period: 3/1/20 – 4/15/20
- Deadline to complete online application and submit material: 5 p.m. AKST, April 15, 2020
- Deadline to complete paper application and submit material: Postmarked by April 15, 2020
- Deadline to submit Letter of Acceptance if newly enrolled: May 4, 2020
- Phone interviews of the top 20 applicants: 6/15/20 – 6/26/20
 Rural communities or those without a reliable internet connection may submit a paper application. A paper application can be downloaded here
 The deadline to turn in Letter of Acceptance if you are newly enrolled is 5/4/202
If you have questions regarding the scholarship, please contact ANTHCs Professional Development team at (907) 729-1301 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.