The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC) awards ten (10) competitive $5,000 scholarships to qualified Alaska Native and Native Americans.
ANTHC is a non-profit Tribal organization that provides health care-related services to more than 175,000 Alaska Native and Native American people. ANTHC’s Board of Directors established this scholarship to help increase the number of Alaska Native and Native Americans working in health care fields.
This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, fees, room and board for higher education degrees in the pursuit of an Associates, Bachelor’s, Graduate or Ph.D.
This scholarship award is open to all Alaska Native or American Indian people who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Alaska Native or American Indian
- Permanent Alaska resident
- Interested in working in a health care-related field
- Enrolled full-time in higher education
- Higher education includes the pursuit of Associates, Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D.
First, please gather all documents and prepare to complete the application. Submitted materials will not be returned.
Listed below are the eight (8) documents that are required for a complete application:
- Alaska Native/Native American proof of eligibility
- Proof of Alaska residency
- Personal Statement
- Current Professional Resume
- Letter of Acceptance or Proof of Enrollment
- If newly enrolled, the deadline to turn in your Letter of Acceptance is 5/8/2021.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcript
The online application will open on March 1, 2021.
The deadline to complete the online application and electronically submit documents is 5 p.m.
Alaska Standard Time (AKST), April 18, 2021.
Snail Mail: All items must be postmarked by April 18, 2021. 
 Rural communities or those without reliable internet connections may submit a paper application. To request a paper application email email@example.com or call (907) 729-1301
 The deadline to turn in Letter of Acceptance if you are newly enrolled is 5/8/2021
- Application Period: 3/1/21 – 4/18/21
- Deadline to complete the online application and submit material: 5 p.m. AKST, April 18, 2021
- Deadline to complete paper application and submit material: Postmarked by April 18, 2021
- Deadline to submit Letter of Acceptance if newly enrolled: May 8, 2021
If you have questions regarding the scholarship, please contact ANTHCs Professional Development team at (907) 729-1301 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.