Alaska Pacific University scholarship program for Alaska Tribal Health System employees
An Alaska Pacific University tuition scholarship is now available to anyone employed in the Alaska Tribal Health System (ATHS) and their dependents. The tuition scholarship is up to 50 percent and the program is provided/funded by APU and ANTHC.
Click here for more APU scholarship program information.
ANTHC Board of Directors $5,000 Scholarship Application is now closed
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium awards 10 competitive $5,000 scholarships to qualified Alaska Native and American Indian students statewide to increase Alaska Native and American Indian people working in health care fields. The 2019-2020 application period is now closed. Please check back in early 2020 for the next open application period.
Indian Health Service (IHS) Educational Opportunities:
The Education, Development and Training (EDT) department facilitates the Indian Health Service (IHS) Scholarship and Externship programs for the Alaska Area. The scholarship provides selected recipients who are Alaska Native or American Indian with paid tuition, related fees, a small amount for travel and books, and a monthly stipend for living expenses. As the Alaska Area p Coordination office, we provide support and direction to applicants, continuing scholars, and liaison with the IHS Scholarship branch staff. The selection process and disbursement of scholarship funds is directly managed by the IHS Scholarships branch in Rockville, MD.
The IHS Scholarship
program is a very competitive national scholarship program. It funds three (3) health career and allied health career scholarship programs:
- Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(1)
- Health Professions Pregraduate Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(2)
- Health Professions Scholarship Program – Section 104
- IHS Scholarship Application and Required Forms
- Must be Alaska Native/American Indian and provide documentation of tribal enrollment or proof of descent from a federally recognized tribe
- Current Letter of Acceptance from selected educational institution listing declared degree or proof of application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended or high school transcripts if less than 12 college credits have been earned
The IHS Scholarship
program application cycle is currently CLOSED. The application cycle is typically open between December – March. Please visit the IHS Scholarship website
for next upcoming application dates.