Upcoming events from ANTHC and our partnersOctober 14, 2016
This fall brings many events from ANTHC and our partners. Mark your calendars for the following:
- Flu vaccine clinic: Oct. 15, 22 and 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Anchorage Native Primary Care Clinic 2 East. No appointment is necessary to get this year’s flu vaccine. Check with your Tribal health provider for flu information in your area.
- Thrive! Comedy Show: Wednesday, Oct. 19, doors open at 6:30 p.m. at the Fairbanks Westmark Hotel. This event features celebrated Native American comedian Tatanka Means, Yup’ik drummer Byron Nicholai and Athabascan performer Samuel Johns. Proceeds benefit Tribal injury prevention efforts. For tickets, visit http://inspiringgoodhealth.org/.
- Health Fair at AFN: Oct. 20 and 21 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Carlson Center in Fairbanks. Get a flu shot, health screening information and health education materials from Tanana Chiefs Conference, ANTHC, Southcentral Foundation, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Alaska Tribal Conference on Environmental Management: Oct. 24-28 at the Anchorage Hilton Hotel. This conference focuses on finding and implementing solutions to address the unique environmental concerns facing Alaska communities. For registration information, visit http://www.atcemak.com/.
- ANTHC Annual Meeting: Monday, Nov. 28 at 12 p.m. at the Dena’ina Center in Anchorage. This event offers our Tribal members to learn about the work of the Consortium from the last year and ask questions of leadership.
- BIA Providers Conference (program of BIA): Nov. 29 – Dec. 2 at the Dena’ina Center in Anchorage. This annual gathering of Tribal and federal leaders has been reinstated and registration is available at http://biaprovidersconference.com/.
- Alaska Native Diabetes Conference: Nov. 29 – Dec. 1 at the Hotel Captain Cook in Anchorage. This conference is designed for health care professionals who care for patients with diabetes. For more information and registration, see the event information on Cvent.